Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davedean1949  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 11:08:16 AM(UTC)
davedean1949

Groups: Registered

It takes about a half hour to fill the washer with water when I wash clothes. The rinse cycle has been doing that for about 3 months, but now the fill during wash is very slow. I live in the country and have a well as opposed to a water company supplying my water. I know I have very hard water. What part(s) do I need to replace to get the water to flow correctly?
Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:03:00 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Estate TAWX700JQ2 Washer - AppliancePartsPros.com

I am assuming that the JQZ is just a mis-read and that the unit is actually a JQ2.

Sounds like a water supply problem.

Remove the hoses from the faucets and check that you get good water flow fro both.
Check that the sealing washers in the hoses do not have a screen filter in them. If they do clean the screens.
Reattach the hoses to the faucets and run them into a [pail. Check for good water flow.
Look inside the input side of the water valve (item 18 in section 2). Check that the screen filters are clean. If not clean them. Do not permanently remove them as they are there to keep crud out of the valve which could hold the valve open and cause a flood.

It might be a good idea to tap on the hoses and the supply lines when you are running water into the pail. This may loosen crud that has formed inside the lines and flush it out.

If everything above looks OK I would replace the valve.

I do not know if you do this but you may want to drain some water out of your hot water tank. Use either the drain valve at the bottom or the4 pressure release valve if the tan does not have a drain valve. This will get rid of crud that has settled in the bottom of the tank.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
davedean1949  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:50:37 AM(UTC)
davedean1949

Groups: Registered

Thanks, I do that first chance I get. The temp here is in the single digits and my washer sits in a very small room with a space heater
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply