Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
redfield88  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 1:49:28 PM(UTC)
redfield88

Groups: Registered

Okay so temp dropped a weekend ago to -22F and my basement got real cold. The waterlines to my washer froze. After letting everything thaw out the washer is no longer draining water like it should.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and assume that the water left over in the pump froze and caused it to seize. Water still drains but it doesn't have the normal force of pushing the water out. The washer refuses to go into spin mode until I shut it off, tip it, let it drain and turn it back on.

I did a price check and the pump is fairly expensive. About $100 that I don't have. What I'm interested in is other possibilities that may cause it to stop draining, When the washer is supposed to drain it makes a humming noise(Again seeming like it's seized)

As far as I know, The washer pump is motor driven and doesn't use a belt. Am I right on this?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.