Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tkoogler  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2014 6:06:20 PM(UTC)
tkoogler

Groups: Registered

OK, I am trying to fix this myself.
I have a GE WPRE6100G1 washer that makes a banging and squeaking noise during the wash cycle. The noise is not present in the spin cycle.

I have removed the front panel and found that the bracket assembly on which the motor is mounted is striking the bottom plate of the machine when the transmission changes direction of the agitator.

In searching the parts and looking at the machine, I have been led to a few suspects.
1. Shocks - they sag under the weight of a "Super" load causing the assembly to hit the bottom plate.

2. The four rubber control straps are all intact, but have plenty of slack in them. Not sure if they should be tight all of the time or only when the drum torques enough to call them into service.

3. I saw one post suggesting replacing the apron assembly. I cannot imagine the top frame assembly of a machine wearing enough during normal use to cause this much sag in the drum without other wear being evident.

The machine works fine otherwise, in fact I could file down the tabs on the motor carrier to clear the floor plate, but that's not really fixing the issue.

Thank you all for helping a single parent fix his own appliance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.