Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chargerrob1977  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 11:03:28 AM(UTC)
chargerrob1977

Groups: Registered

Hey everyone, I have an older washer that came with the house that I bought, so I'm not sure how old it is. Anyway, the washer has been giving me some trouble, while it seems to agitate the clothes fine, the final spin cycle never kicks on.

Everything I've read suggests the drain pump. I've disassembled the hoses, and cleaned a bunch of gunk out of there, including some change, and then put the pump on a bench and applied some power to test.

Enclosed are 2 videos showing what the pump does when I apply power:

Washer Drain Pump test, Defective? - YouTube
Kenmore drain pump symptom, is it defective? - YouTube

I'm pretty sure this means the pump is defective, but I would like confirmation from someone with more experience.... a new pump is $107 and is not returnable, so I don't want to waste the $107 and have to buy a new machine in the end anyway.

On another note, while I can move the basket by hand, it does make noise and it doesn't spin freely like I find the new washers in the store do - I've verified that the outer and inner tub are firmly affixed together with no play - so I'm not sure if that points to a bearing issue as well.

Any feedback is welcome!

Robert
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.