Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tcbauer80  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2014 4:42:38 PM(UTC)
tcbauer80

Groups: Registered

I have been having problems with my whirlpool duet front loading washer the past few days. First off it is only 2 years old and have not had any issues with it up until this point. The other day i went to run a load of laundry and when it was done i was unable to open the door as the door lock would not unlatch. I messed with it a bit, unplugged it over night and was able to get the door open the next morning. When i took my clothes out they were still saturated. I then did some research and found that i was having issues with the door latch, so i replaced it. Ran the washer again and it went through the washing cycle and the washer stopped right before the spin cycle, unlocked itself and beeped continually. I then pulled the front panel off and checked and cleaned the pump clean-out hoping that would fix it. No luck, ran another load and the washer stopped right before the spin cycle. I took the saturated clothes out of the washer and ran it empty on the rinse/drain/spin cycle. The washer went through the entire cycle with no problems. I put the wet clothes back in ran the rinse/drain/spin cycle again in hopes that it was just a fluke. Nope. It stopped when it was starting to spin. I then pulled the pump and checked the rubber boot that connected the pump to the tub and found 2 dimes in it. Thinking that this had to be the issue i put the pump back in as it was before i moved it and now the washing machine will not do anything but beep at me. Im not sure what i did wrong, i made sure to put everything back in the way it was, I've run the diagnostic test per the manual and it gives me an error code of 3 flashes a pause followed by 2 flashes, and 3 flashes a pause followed by 1 flash. I am completely lost. Why would the washer run before i cleared the boot but will not do anything afterwards. Any advise or knowledge is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.