Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
randypowers1@aol.com  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 7:11:24 AM(UTC)
randypowers1@aol.com

Groups: Registered

We've had a problem the last couple of weeks with our spin mode not working, but it is only intermittent. It will start working fine again after my wife "works on it" which consists of shaking it and kicking it. I have continuity through the door switch and the mechanical action appears fine. I pulled the motor and the drive coupler looks fine (no erosion on rubber connector and splines all look good on plastic. I put it back together again and turned it on to listen for sounds (i.e. motor running/not running while in spin mode) and it started working fine again. But, as I was testing it, it stopped working again. After reading several blogs I saw some people stating that if they "helped the basket along" then it would spin. The door switch is in the top of the cabinet, so I am not able to leave the lid open while placing a screwdriver in the door switch to watch it with the door open. But I tried to spin the basket to see if I could "help mine along" as others were saying. What I noticed was the basket made a 1/2 to 3/4 turn and then stopped because the break engaged. After I closed the lid it started working again. This leads me to believe that it may be the clutch, but I don't want to start replacing parts by "guessing" until I find the correct one. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to properly diagnose the issue?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.