Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aafjack  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 5:52:07 AM(UTC)
aafjack

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag Centennial model MVWC200XW0 that will not fill and cycle. When you push the start button the sense light comes on and the lid lock light blinks. There is one loud click like the lid is locking a pause and then 3 loud clicks a pause then a loud click pause for 10 seconds then click every 10 seconds. The lid is never locked during this process. I believe the washer won't cycle because the lid is not locked. Is the lid latch bad? What's the problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 6:42:52 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
If you've never forced the lid open when it was locked, the lid lock is probably ok. I think most likely you have a faulty shift actuator as it will cause the symptoms you are having and it is a very high failure item on these washers. You need to get the manual from inside the cabinet (tilt machine back for access) and place machine into service mode to check for error codes. Note the codes and then clear them. Run the calibration function and try a cycle again. You can run tests on the shift actuator but the problem is, they can check good yet still be bad. If you buy the part from APP, you can return it if it doesn't fix the problem. The shift actuator is easy to replace.

Whirlpool W10006355 Actuator - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
aafjack  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 3:37:04 PM(UTC)
aafjack

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
If you've never forced the lid open when it was locked, the lid lock is probably ok. I think most likely you have a faulty shift actuator as it will cause the symptoms you are having and it is a very high failure item on these washers. You need to get the manual from inside the cabinet (tilt machine back for access) and place machine into service mode to check for error codes. Note the codes and then clear them. Run the calibration function and try a cycle again. You can run tests on the shift actuator but the problem is, they can check good yet still be bad. If you buy the part from APP, you can return it if it doesn't fix the problem. The shift actuator is easy to replace.

Whirlpool W10006355 Actuator - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric

Eric, my wife has admitted to forcing the lid open right before it started to act up. With that fact now known, what could be the problem?
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 4:13:57 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
If she actually forced it open when it was locked, then it must be replaced. There is a breakaway piece inside of it that allows it to be forced open but it also renders it inoperable.

Whirlpool W10404050 Latch - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply