Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rob2004  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 5:48:16 AM(UTC)
Rob2004

Groups: Registered

Just changed the CCU last week because of the power flicking on and off 3 times and then I got the F-01 code.

Problem is that now sometimes the clothes come out still wet from the normal cycle. I then turn the control to drain and spin cycle and then 15 mins later clothes come out like they should.

Seems like sometimes it will cycle as it should but other times it won't really drain the water out of the clothes, they are dripping wet.

I have cleaned out the filter, too a sock out, wire from a bra, a little toy, drill bit, allen key and some change nothing is left in there. I even blew out the hose with my mouth just to make sure there was nothing in the line.

I have also checked all connections

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 4:04:32 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

If you take off the bottom service panel you should find some tech notes which will show you how to put it into test/troubleshooting mode.

See if this tells you anything about the problem.

Good luck.
Rob2004  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 4:28:55 PM(UTC)
Rob2004

thanks

I have already done the diagnostic and nothing comes up. Sometimes it works fine other times it doesn't.

Strange machine
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 5:09:37 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Actually this is par for the course for Duet's, when the work they are great, when they do not, well you know what that is like.

You could replace the motor control board, but seeing as you did not get anything out of the diagnostics then you would be doing it on speculation.
Rob2004  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2009 4:13:00 AM(UTC)
Rob2004

thanks, gonna price it out, don't want to change it if it's too much would ratehr go buy new washer instead of buying parts all the time for it. I have only had this washer for 2 months, came with the house.

thanks again
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2009 12:47:37 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Sounds good, if you buy a new one stay away from one with microprocessor controls, for reasons that you know only too well.
Rob2004  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 6:34:01 PM(UTC)
Rob2004

Hi,

having problems again with washer. Not getting any codes well (r/l) nothing in washer. My problem is, drum not spinning again. Was working fine for about month and a half i guess and now won't spin.

I have unplugged and waited
Checked all connection/grounds
tested motor for continuity 6.7ohms
made sure nothing was clogged in drainage/pump

Now i'm guessing that it must be the MCU right? Is there a way to test the MCU board? Don't feel like spending $180 if I don't have to.

Thanks

Rob
sidfink43  
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2009 4:00:05 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Other than what is in the tech notes there is no way to test the board.

Since you inherited the machine I think the earlier advice is good, get a no frills top loader without microprocessor controls and I think you will have a good machine for along time.

Good luck.
Rob2004  
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2009 4:14:56 AM(UTC)
Rob2004

Thanks,

I was just thinking since I changed the CCU, that when the power surged and did damage to the CCU it could have damaged the MCU as well. I don't want to sink more money into it but on the other hand since I already put $130 whats another $190 to see if that fixes the problem.

I am going to take the MCU out and see if there is any physical damage to the board.

Thanks

rob
Rob2004  
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2009 10:14:55 AM(UTC)
Rob2004

MCU is making noise, like a clicking noise very fast, alsmost like it's trying but cant send a signal, going to order the MCU on Monday and post my results.

thanks again

rob
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply