Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bill1946  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2009 6:54:35 AM(UTC)
Bill1946

Groups: Registered

Hi,UserPostedImage
MY better half washed a fairly heavy throw rug and during spinning the load evidently became very unbalanced. Long story short she ran to washer,opened lid..agitator was lying crosswise in tub, water all over floor. The cone shaped unpainted bottom of tub (under agitator) is shattered. Parts probably went thru pump etc. Time for a new washer? Thanks to any who reply, Bill1946UserPostedImage
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2009 4:19:50 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Yeah, I think the time for a new washer has come. And it probably wasn't her fault.

A nice new no frills top loader will do a fine job for you, and just to be on the safe side remember that the reason they invented laundry mats with those large, high capacity, commercial strength washers is for those big throw rugs.

Good luck.
applianceman  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2009 5:29:32 PM(UTC)
applianceman

The spin basket and tub may have a ten-year or lifetime warranty check your owner’s manual or call GE before you decide get a new washer. If GE will send you a spin basket and tub (if needed) free this page should help you make the repair GE Washer Disassembly Guide
Bill1946  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 4:46:02 AM(UTC)
Bill1946

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, I think the time for a new washer has come. And it probably wasn't her fault.

A nice new no frills top loader will do a fine job for you, and just to be on the safe side remember that the reason they invented laundry mats with those large, high capacity, commercial strength washers is for those big throw rugs.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply and advice. After looking at all our options that's exactly what we decided to do.
Bill1946
Bill1946  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 4:51:12 AM(UTC)
Bill1946

Thanks,
I looked into it and with the inaccessible nature of it's (the washer) location, shipping on the tub,pump and other various parts we decided to bite the bullet and purchase a new one.
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 5:35:12 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well, good luck with your new machine, I think that is the right decision and thanks for the update.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply