Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
imilian  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2013 10:50:29 AM(UTC)
imilian

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I've been having an issue with my washer overflowing on the first and second fill cycles. this is an intermittent problem. currently I am having no luck with fiddling with the load size dial (pressure switch). I have blown air through the pressure hose to the switch while filling with success. After doing so the washer worked normally through a few loads, then went back to periodically spewing gallons of water onto my floor.
we do wash diapers in the washer. before I buy a replacement pressure switch I'm wondering if there is a way to access the ?port? on the side of the basin to verify there's no clogs preventing the switch to register pressure. the hose appears to be intact throughout.
any help is greatly appreciated!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2013 12:25:26 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
You need to know how to remove the front panel of the washer?

Eric
imilian  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2013 12:40:10 PM(UTC)
imilian

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
You need to know how to remove the front panel of the washer?

Eric

thanks eric - yes I can access the inside of the panel. my question is simply whether an intermittently working pressure switch points to a clog in the line or a bad switch? replacing the switch looks easy enough - cleaning out the area where the hose connects to the basin looks hard to reach.
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2013 12:51:09 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Well, if you take the front panel off, the tub air dome is right there where you can get to it, that's why I asked if you need instructions on removing the front panel. Just pull the hose from the air dome and check that end of the hose for gunk and then you can flush out the air dome using hot water in a turkey baster or other suitable tool for getting hot water into it under pressure. A bad switch, clogged air dome/hose, holes/kinks/splits in the hose can all cause the problem you are having as well as a sticking water inlet valve. If turning the washer off stops the water flow, then the inlet valve is ok.

Eric
imilian  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2013 1:12:54 PM(UTC)
imilian

Well, if you take the front panel off, the tub air dome is right there where you can get to it, that's why I asked if you need instructions on removing the front panel. Just pull the hose from the air dome and check that end of the hose for gunk and then you can flush out the air dome using hot water in a turkey baster or other suitable tool for getting hot water into it under pressure. A bad switch, clogged air dome/hose, holes/kinks/splits in the hose can all cause the problem you are having as well as a sticking water inlet valve. If turning the washer off stops the water flow, then the inlet valve is ok.

Eric

oops, sorry about that, thought you meant the instrument panel. yes actually, instructions for the front panel would be mighty handy, thank you. i'll go about flushing the air dome tonight. glad I finally have a name for it! the inlet valve is fine. thanks again
fairbank56  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2013 1:20:44 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Remove the top two screws from the transition panel between washer and dryer, tilt panel down and lift out. Remove two screws behind top panel, pull top panel forward to disengage locks, disconnect lid switch harness and remove top panel. Remove the two screws from inside the top of the front panel, lift up on panel to release bottom catches and remove panel.

Eric
imilian  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 2:17:19 PM(UTC)
imilian

Remove the top two screws from the transition panel between washer and dryer, tilt panel down and lift out. Remove two screws behind top panel, pull top panel forward to disengage locks, disconnect lid switch harness and remove top panel. Remove the two screws from inside the top of the front panel, lift up on panel to release bottom catches and remove panel.

Eric

ok I flushed about a pint of h2o through the air dome, as well as blew air. at this point a clog seems unlikely. I ran a cycle with the panel off and watched the dome fill a bit into the hose, so it looks like its building pressure fine. On subsequent washes I watched the basin fill almost to the top, at which point I turned it off, dicked around with the load size knob, and turned it back on. that always got the agitation started. each time the rinse cycle seemed to work to spec based on the setting of the pressure switch.
at this point I'm reasonably sure its the switch that's the problem. thoughts?
thanks for your time and attention.
fairbank56  
#8 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 6:41:17 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

I agree, looks like a faulty pressure switch.

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply