Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
artbene  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2009 2:34:27 PM(UTC)
artbene

Groups: Registered

I removed the wire retainer form the BOOT and now can not re-install it...any ideas. Need to have completed this week.

I did not remove any parts just took the (FRONT-by the door) retaining spring off to clean the boot and now cannot replace it.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2009 4:36:48 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
It has to be done in specific sequence. All needed instructions are attached to the reply.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for GE WBVH6240F0WW | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Service panel removal.doc (74kb) downloaded 30 time(s).
Front panel removal.doc (136kb) downloaded 38 time(s).
Control panel removal.doc (313kb) downloaded 31 time(s).
Boot removal.doc (916kb) downloaded 82 time(s).
artbene  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2009 4:40:19 AM(UTC)
artbene

I did not remove any other parts, or the doors or any of the cabinetry.

How does the boot interface with the frame...where does the boot get secured to? If I knew this then it would be easier to see the larger problem from removing the retaining spring.
Bonehead632  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2009 8:35:25 AM(UTC)
Bonehead632

Gene,

I have the same washer you listed above and initially I thought my boot was bad, but after pricing a new boot I decided to investigate a bit further and here is what I found.
My washer is leaking somewhere around the boot seal, BUT only when it is filling or adding water to rinse. I see the small dome looking contraption dead center, top of the boot with 2 holes for small streams and a larger rectangle opening on the left upper side of the boot. When water is coming from those 2 places......it pours a steady stream out the bottom. Is this a boot problem or possibly a washer problem around those inlets.

Any information you can provide will be most helpful and tyvm for yours (or anyone who answer's time)

Perplexed
artbene  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2009 12:39:29 PM(UTC)
artbene

Not having too much information about this BUT understanding the boot a bit better..I KNOW for a fact that a water spout is located directly in the Boot area top dead center. It works when it fills up and rinces, ergo, your problem.

Maybe the boot is not dealing properly or worse than that It needs replaced.

I did find this site hee to be THE least costly for boors...80 bucks vice 160 from GE.

Some one who responded to me earlier left specific steps for replacing the boot, basically take the whole machine FACING off and (the metal covers).

I had time today to see why I needed to take the whole thing apart JUST to put the retaining spring on the boot...so the end result is it ain't simple but it is not that brain boggling.

What I did last week..I went and bought NEW Washer and Dryer (total price ~$800.00 vice the ~$1,600.00 I paid for the GE piece of crap.

No more front loaders, I re-washed all my seasonal clothes and towels and frankly, I feel CLEAN for once in a few years. GE front Loaders to much Mold, fungus and mildew...too dirty to EVER wash clothes clean.
JayCue  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2010 4:48:02 PM(UTC)
JayCue

Originally Posted by: Bonehead632 Go to Quoted Post
Gene,

I have the same washer you listed above and initially I thought my boot was bad, but after pricing a new boot I decided to investigate a bit further and here is what I found.
My washer is leaking somewhere around the boot seal, BUT only when it is filling or adding water to rinse. I see the small dome looking contraption dead center, top of the boot with 2 holes for small streams and a larger rectangle opening on the left upper side of the boot. When water is coming from those 2 places......it pours a steady stream out the bottom. Is this a boot problem or possibly a washer problem around those inlets.

Any information you can provide will be most helpful and tyvm for yours (or anyone who answer's time)

Perplexed

I have a similar model with the same problem. I found out the water inlet pipe that connects the boot to the soap dispenser has a crack in the bottom of the pipe, causing a slow leak. I figured I'd share incase someone else is searching.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply