Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
StevenCulver  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 5:50:32 PM(UTC)
StevenCulver

Groups: Registered

Roper Washing Machine
Model rax4232kq1
Technically unsure of age, it came with the house.

After a load runs the clothes are very wet.
I re-ran the spin cycle with the wet clothes. If I left the load unbalanced at all the machine couldn't get up to an adequate spin speed to dry the clothes. If the load was balanced well it would get up to adequate speed and the clothes would dampen as they normally do.

What is wrong? Please help! You guys look like the experts!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 5:42:47 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
That model was introduced in 2001. With serial number, I can give exact date of manufacture. Problem could be a worn drive block, worn clutch, sticking brakes...etc. You need to remove the agitator to check the drive block and remove the gearcase to check the clutch and brakes.

Eric
StevenCulver  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 5:55:09 AM(UTC)
StevenCulver

Groups: Registered

Eric - Thanks for the insight!

Is there anything in particular I should be looking out for or should the problem look fairly obvious once I remove the agitator and start inspecting things?
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:47:31 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
You will be able to see the top of the drive block with agitator removed. Make sure the slots in the block are intact as well as the tabs on the spin tube and that they are both solidly locked together and the tub nut is tight. As for the clutch, once the gearcase is removed, try rotating the clutch band within the clutch hub with your finger. If it moves easily, it is worn or the spring is weak. If there is any lubricant in there, the gearcase seals may be leaking. With gearcase removed, grab the brake cam driver at the bottom of the basket drive and rotate it CCW. This should release the brakes and allow rotation of the basket. Push on the basket drive while doing this to make sure it is fully seated before reinstalling the gearcase.

Eric

UserPostedImage
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply