Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stumpy25  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:55:47 AM(UTC)
stumpy25

Groups: Registered

Water flows, during fill, through the dispenser, backs up and flows over onto the front of the machine. I've checked the fill hose from the dispenser to the tub and found no blockage. What controls the flow of water from the water inlet valve? And, what determines when the tub has enough water? Is there a water level sensor? The water inlet valve was broken from its mounting point on the back of the washer. I've ordered a replacement. Is there something else I'm missing?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mojuave  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 5:53:45 AM(UTC)
mojuave

It sounds like you have a top load but I have a front load that had same issue my repair was a sensor switch and looked almost like a valve but had a hose going from tub to switch. When the tub fills with water it creates pressure in the hose letting the switch know there is water in the tub. With that malfunctioned water just kept filling and would not stop. The water inlet valve may be faulty if when no power applied or washer in off position the water fills, maybe some debris stuck in valve.
stumpy25  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 4:57:36 PM(UTC)
stumpy25

I also have a top load. Where isthe location of the switch you are referring to?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply