Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BLKJAK  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 7:36:26 PM(UTC)
BLKJAK

Groups: Registered

Greetings,

We have a Kenmore front load washer, Model 44052 (417.44052400). Tonight it will not switch into high speed spin. It has been working fine until tonight. The drum does spin during the wash cycle. I took the back off and did some diagnostic according to the sheet hanging inside the washer.

Here's what I found:

The drum spins easily. The belt is on and not slipping. I took the rubber hose off the pump and there was gunk and two quarters in it. This was promising as I read the drum won't turn if the pump can't pump well. No change (pun intended) on the operation with this clean. So I took the plug off the motor and tested the resistance between pins 4 & 5. This was at 115 Ohms. I then tested Pins 1-2, 1-3 and 2-3. These were all at 5 Ohms.

So, from this and what the diagnostic tests say, I should replace the speed control board. Now the repair parts list I have doesn't list a speed control board. Is this what I should be replacing? I have a part # of 134409900. Is this the correct part?

:eek: HELP PLEASE! :eek:

Thanks in advance!

Brad
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

BLKJAK  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 7:53:34 PM(UTC)
BLKJAK

OK. More info. I performed the diagnostic test where you hold the Start and Cancel buttons and count the beeps/lights. The start light flashes 7 times and the series of lights on the right flash 4 times. This would be code 47 correct? In that case, this may be the PTC Circuit in the door latch. I am supposed to remove the switch and test. How do I do that? I don't see how to get to it. Do I remove the lower cover and reach up there?
BLKJAK  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 8:03:10 PM(UTC)
BLKJAK

I got the front off enough to reach inside and test the door switch. It reads 2000 Ohms. Good enough? The diagnostic chart now says it is the control board. Would that be 134484001?

Further research on the `net shows that the door switch is a common failure on this model. I found one locally and will pick it up tonight and install it. I hope that fixes the issue. If not, I hope I get a reply on here from someone more insightful on washer repairs that I am. :p
BLKJAK  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2009 4:26:59 PM(UTC)
BLKJAK

FIXED! I replaced the door switch tonight and the washer is now spinning happily at full speed! Thanks to this site for the valuable prior articles and for letting me post my thoughts. Sometimes that is enough to help fix a problem.
udirtrat  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 7:10:32 AM(UTC)
udirtrat

How did you get to the switch?.....from the top down? or by taking off the front panel entirely?
I read that you can take off the bellows and it'll come from that angle.
Needle nose pliars and crazy glue to get off and on.
Any help on this...mine went out 2 days ago.
thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply