Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gmyork  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 3:10:28 PM(UTC)
gmyork

Groups: Registered

The drum would not spin and gave me an error code LE. I disconnected power to reset the processor and then tried to restart the washer. Again it gave me the error code LE. I started the Diagnostic mode to check the drum and it would spin just fine. I again attempted to start a load again got the LE error code. I switched it to the diagnostic mode once again to check the drum spin and this time it would not spin. After a few seconds something inside popped. It sounded like something in the front control circuit boards. I opened the unit up and checked for power. I have power coming in to the unit and through the distribution board located on the right inside panel. I do not have power to the motor. Any Ideas what could have went wrong. I read where a bad hall effect sensor would give me the LE error code but would that also give me the lack of power issue I have? Thanks in advance for any help
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Appliance Ninja  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 6:13:59 PM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

T%he LE code means that the control cannot "see" what the motor is doing. It can be caused by a poor connection, a bad sensor, a faulty motor or a faulty control. It will not cause the control to be totally unresponsive. I suspect that the control may have been faulty and now, with the popping and being totally dead, almost certainly is. If it popped, damage should be pretty easy to spot upon inspection. The correct control for your machine is available at the link below.

LG EBR38163302 Pcb Assembly,main - AppliancePartsPros.com
gmyork  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:55:55 PM(UTC)
gmyork

I inspected the front control panels and the main circuit panel in the back and neither one shows any sign of damage. Is there any way to test the main circuit board and the control panels to verify if they are damaged. I have power going into the machine and through the distribution block located on the inner right panel. I also have power to the PCB board and power going to the PCB display but the nothing lights up on display. The pop that I heard when the unit went blank appeared to be directly behind the PCB display, but there is no sign of damage anywhere. Please Help and thanks Again
Appliance Ninja  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:24:54 AM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

If you have power to the main control, it is likely faulty. The front display board is a low voltage interface board and is not likely to be at fault. With it being totally dead it is difficult to determine with 100% certainty, but the main control linked above is likely faulty.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply