Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Abby12  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:12:24 PM(UTC)
Abby12

Groups: Registered

The washer is about 5 years old. I just fixed the dryer and now the washer isn't washing properly. It has been some time since the dyer went down but I was using the washer sporadically during that time. I select the cycle and the drum fills just like normal. I didn't notice anything until the machine went quiet like it was going to switch to the next stage of the cycle but nothing happened. The clothes and watch just sat there. Now, the strange thing is that once the water drained and the spin cycle took over the drum spun just like normal. So the motor is good, the springs feels good when I manipulate the drum in it's setting. The agitator spins freely when spun counter clockwise and will catch if spun clockwise. The plastic clips feel like they are fine. Now, one strange thing I noticed was that when the drum was empty the agitator spun just fine but loading a few articles in the bottom locks it and it feels like something is too weak to pull the agitator.

Soooo, I hope that post made sense. I hope anyone here on the site might have some idea what is going on. I just got my dryer working and I really just want to do laundry at home again. Please help with any advice!

Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:58:44 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Need the model number of the washer. Should be 11 numbers beginning with 110. After washer stops filling, does the motor run at all or is it totally silent? Does the timer continue to advance?

Eric
Abby12  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:24:47 AM(UTC)
Abby12

Model number 11027522600. The cycle advances just like normal and the timer continues. I can hear a clicking noise from the timer as it goes through the cycle. Everything happens just like normal but that shift into agitating never takes off. After filling it used to go silent for a second as it switched over then click and begin the agitation cycle. Now the machine goes silent and then it will drain, spin, and rinse like normal.

Thank you! :)
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:20:03 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Abby12  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:39:35 AM(UTC)
Abby12

The timer seems to be working, I'll have to find a way to check it. I was thinking maybe the sensor that can tell if there are clothes in the drum or not. I'll have to look into the device and see if I can find a switch or sensor.

Thanks for the help though!
fairbank56  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:50:00 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

There isn't any sensor in the washer that determines if there are clothes in it or not. The timer motor is working but there are multiple switches in the timer that control the motor. A different part of the spool of cams that control the switches is used for agitation versus drain/spin.

Eric
Abby12  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:09:13 PM(UTC)
Abby12

Ahhhh, that makes more sense. Thank you, I'll see about replacing the timer. Thanks for your help!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply