Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
simmster  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2013 10:14:08 AM(UTC)
simmster

Groups: Registered

Hello. We have a Whirlpool washing machine that's almost ten years old. A couple years ago it wouldn't spin during the spin cycle, even though it agitated and everything else. So, I replaced the clutch and that fixed it. Now I noticed that when it drains, it will not spin (even though it agitates and spin cycles). There is no smell or abnormal sound (to me, anyway). I just happened to notice it one time. The weird thing is that when I open the lid when it is draining, I hear a 'click', and notice that the tub is not spinning. Once I shut the lid, it will start spinning.
I've looked at other threads, and most are about not draining, not agitating, or not spinning during the spin cycle. It works fine during those cycles.
Any ideas? I would appreciate any advice. We are keeping an eye out for a great deal on a replacement, but don't want to spend the money on this if it's not needed. We have a 3-week old, and 2.5 yr old, so I want to make sure the soap/bleach is being rinsed as best as possible.
Whirlpool model LSQ9010PW0, serial number CR1401828.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.