Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dixie_Drive  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 6:13:34 PM(UTC)
Dixie_Drive

Groups: Registered

Every else works great except the spin cycle leaves the clothes dripping wet. I assume it is not spinning fast enough. This was happening off and on, then more on than off. I have taken the cabinet off and check the couplings and they appear to be just fine. There is nothing between the tub and basket and there is nothing clogging any of the hoses. I have not checked any of the wiring for continuity, but everything I have read is pointing to the cluth assemby. I do not want to buy a part only to find out that it wasn't the problem. Is there anything else that could be causing the problem. Is is more likely the cluth then not? Thanks for any help you can offer. Chris.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2013 4:14:55 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
It could also be a worn drive block or sticking brakes. Remove the agitator to check the drive block. If your agitator has the fabric softener dispenser, you will also need to remove the metal clip and plastic washer from agitator shaft to examine the top of the drive block. Make sure the slots in the drive block are intact as well as the tabs on the drive tube. If you end up replacing the clutch, do not buy the cheap junk they sell on e bay and amazon.

Eric

UserPostedImage
Dixie_Drive  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2013 2:59:08 PM(UTC)
Dixie_Drive

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
It could also be a worn drive block or sticking brakes. Remove the agitator to check the drive block. If your agitator has the fabric softener dispenser, you will also need to remove the metal clip and plastic washer from agitator shaft to examine the top of the drive block. Make sure the slots in the drive block are intact as well as the tabs on the drive tube. If you end up replacing the clutch, do not buy the cheap junk they sell on e bay and amazon.

Eric

UserPostedImage

Thank you fairbanks56. I did this and it looks pretty much like the photo you provided (which I assume is an undamaged block) :)

I will move on to the brakes (I think). I have not done any searching on that topic. I may be back!!
Chris
Dixie_Drive  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 5:47:51 PM(UTC)
Dixie_Drive

Now that I am convinced the drive block is not damaged and watched a video on changing out the basket drive & brake assembly, I have a question.
If the brakes are dragging or damaged would it be making a noise? I do not have any unusual noises coming from the machine.

Thanks!
Chris
fairbank56  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 4:41:42 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
They may or may not make noise, depends on how bad things are. You will have to pull the gearcase to operate the basket drive manually to observe the brake operation. You need to pull it anyway to replace the clutch. After gearcase is out, grab the brake cam driver and rotate it CCW. This should release the brakes and allow the basket to rotate without any binding. When you do this, push on the basket drive to make sure it's fully up into the brake hub before reinstalling the gearcase. A new brake cam driver will come with the clutch so replace that as well.

http://www.appliancepartspros.c...ly-285785-ap3094537.html

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply