Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
computer_dr  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 8:13:47 AM(UTC)
computer_dr

Groups: Registered

Hi all, first post here. The dryer is working correctly as far as I know, but the washer portion just started giving me two different issues:

1) Fills and starts normally, but completely stops around halfway through the cycle. I usually set it on 10 minutes, so it shuts off after around 5 minutes. As the washer sits there full of clothes and water, and trying to push the knob in to start it again without any success,

2) I'll manually forward the dial to the "Rinse" position trying to get it to drain. It starts the Rinse cycle, but then always stops directly between Rinse and Spin, picture below. (sorry for the terrible quality) It does not do a thing once the knob is in this position, and only comes back to life once I rotate the dial counter-clockwise and away from that position, only to shut off again when it gets there next time.

UserPostedImage

I tried pushing down the switch on the washer lid and it felt springy as usual, but now that I tried pushing it down all the way manually, it's stuck in the down position. Note that I tried this -after- noticing both of the above, though it may still be the switch.

I've fixed many things before but never a washing machine, so I'd appreciate any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 1:28:12 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Sounds like the lid switch but we need the model number of the washer.

Eric
computer_dr  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 5:41:23 AM(UTC)
computer_dr

LTE6234DQ2 is the model #. I actually stopped by my local Sears Outlet and bought a new switch after seeing how cheap they were -- found the service manual online and how to replace it -- and that did fix it!

Seems like the washer only cares if the lid is open during the second half of the wash cycle (guessing that's where it spins faster) and for the spin cycle itself. That was why it would refuse to work at those times :)
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 6:10:49 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Actually, in normal cycle, lid switch only affects the last 2 minutes of agitation (low speed) and all of drain/spin times. Washer will normally fill and agitate high speed with lid open.

Eric
brosephius  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2016 7:10:38 PM(UTC)
brosephius

Hi, so my washer (in any mode from what I've tested) quits halfway through the cycle. I can restart it but once it gets halfway between the 10 mark and the rinse mark it quits on me, still full of water. The switch seems fine but I'm not sure of what I need to do to determine that for sure and what to do when I find the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply