Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gearfish  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:18:53 PM(UTC)
Gearfish

Groups: Registered

Doing a bearing replacement wondering about the special tools like : spanner wrench and gear puller.I have the spanner wrench on order with tub bearing.

What is the part # or where can I find gear puller at a fair price?
Also wondering if there might be a video on this unit..

Thanks my friends,when I had trouble with my stove you guys suggested a ignite r for sensing flame at burner on oven,fixed !

Gearfish :D
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gearfish  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:24:03 PM(UTC)
Gearfish

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Gearfish Go to Quoted Post
Doing a bearing replacement wondering about the special tools like : spanner wrench and gear puller.I have the spanner wrench on order with tub bearing.

What is the part # or where can I find gear puller at a fair price?
Also wondering if there might be a video on this unit..

Thanks my friends,when I had trouble with my stove you guys suggested a ignite r for sensing flame at burner on oven,fixed !

Gearfish :D

No one answered my post so I took the liberty to attempt this my self,used a spare machine I found from appliance junk dealer. If you think this is an easy fix your wrong,but most mechanical people can handle it.

Got the nut off with 1 1/2 inch socket,do not use crescent wrench like I did at first,broke the outer tub housing when wrench slipped by hammering on it.

Well got the hub off with three jaw puller $39.00,came straight up. Found out why bearing was shot,seal let water and debris into it. What a nightmare to do the bearing I have to take the whole washer a part,top,sides and getting the tank off is very silly,the counter weight is in the way off two screws,also replacing bearing is real fun,I have to unbolt the transmission to get the new tub bearing in.Total time to do this is 4-8 hours depending on your skill level...
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply