Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
alehde  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:44:01 PM(UTC)
alehde

Groups: Registered

My Whirlpool Cabrio Washer (wtw5500xw) will complete the entire normal wash cycle, but will leave the clothes soaking wet. It seems that it is not completing the final spin cycle, but it is draining (there is no standing water).

If you then do a separate spin and drain cycle, it will complete that cycle properly.

I've already installed a new computer, part AP5185369 (W10392998) but nothing changed.

I'm stumped. Thoughts? Suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 5:02:52 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Could be a bad rps sensor if it's a rotor stator that' a common problem on these units but i can't promise anything because i'm not at your house diagnosing it. But this i can tell you with affirmation Cabrio's honestly really really aren't worth any money putting in. When you fix one thing something else breaks.
fairbank56  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 5:21:34 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert
Views messages in topic : 3,806

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
This is not a rotor/stator direct drive washer, it's a VMW belt drive. Get the tech sheet from inside the front of the washer cabinet, place washer in diagnostic mode and check for error codes. There are also varioius diagnostic tests you can do. There should be another number after the XW in the model number, there are 4 different versions of this washer.

Eric
davehiggins  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 2:37:16 PM(UTC)
davehiggins

Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem? I have exactly the same symptoms -- my Whirlpool Cabrio won't enter the final spin part of the normal cycles but will do it fine on the dedicated "spin and drain" cycle. Also spins fine in the manual test modes. I'm reluctant to buy a new control unit for my washer if that didn't help you with yours.
mr_mjsjr  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 3:09:00 PM(UTC)
mr_mjsjr

there are a few things to check on these. of course, check the error codes as previously stated. that is a wealth of information. spin the basket, to ensure that is spins freely. if it doesn't you most likely have something caught between the inner basket and outer tub. next, set to spin; if you hear a clicking from underneath, lean the unit back; remove the plastic pulley cover and check to see if the splutch pulley is loose (the nut is notorious for coming loose). if not it may be the actuator. after all that put into diagnostics (left, right, right, right, left, right) @ done you see errors, @ spin you run calibration(this will clear codes and reset board). good luck
maxthedog  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2015 10:54:42 AM(UTC)
maxthedog

My washer would stop before spin cycle and clothes would be soaking wet but water would be drained out. The washer had a fault code for long drain. I could reset and run drain and spin cycle and it would spin. the pressure sensor measures water level. the pressure sensor was failing. I found a pressure sensor online,but the part needed to be desoldered. I changed the part and my washer now goes through full cycles unattended:) the only other solution would be to replace the controller board for 180$. My fix was 20$
JeremyByron  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2015 11:57:28 AM(UTC)
JeremyByron

Thank you Maxthedog,

I am having exact same issue. Can you point me in the right direction to get this sensor?

THanks

Jeremy
maxthedog  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2015 2:19:28 PM(UTC)
maxthedog

Originally Posted by: JeremyByron Go to Quoted Post
Thank you Maxthedog,

I am having exact same issue. Can you point me in the right direction to get this sensor?

THanks

Jeremy

Digikey part number MPVZ4006GW7U-ND
.87 PSI
The board has conformal coating to make it water proof. cut the pins off the old sensor before desoldering(to simplify desoldering. Measure the sensor before ordering and check against the Digikey Part. good luck.
ps I came close to ruining the the board.
misterwaynec  
#9 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2015 6:08:18 AM(UTC)
misterwaynec

Originally Posted by: alehde Go to Quoted Post
My Whirlpool Cabrio Washer (wtw5500xw) will complete the entire normal wash cycle, but will leave the clothes soaking wet. It seems that it is not completing the final spin cycle, but it is draining (there is no standing water).

If you then do a separate spin and drain cycle, it will complete that cycle properly.

I've already installed a new computer, part AP5185369 (W10392998) but nothing changed.

I'm stumped. Thoughts? Suggestions?

I am a do-it-yourselfer and recently fixed my whirlpool cabrio washer. I suggest you run a diagnostic test and get all the error codes then refer to your tech sheet to get the fix for that error. For some reason I video'd my repair. It may help you. Diagnostic mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCVLuoE-FhM
or Using the tech sheet and where to find it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm38h37nfHo
Good luck my friend.
maxthedog  
#10 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2015 11:25:22 AM(UTC)
maxthedog

misterwaynec is right. You need to try all trouble shooting suggestions before replacing the control board or the pressure sensor.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply