Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bkbucs  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 5:57:36 PM(UTC)
bkbucs

Groups: Registered

I have a crazy one I need help with. My 3 year old GE washer's agitator keeps spinning after the load is done. As a matter of fact, as long as the top loader door is closed, the agitator spins. It never stops once the door is closed, it runs through out all the cycles, and will continue indefinitely. The only way to stop it, is to open the door. (Or unplug the machine).

Help, does anyone know how to fix this, what to look for?

Thanks,
Brett
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 5:25:37 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Open the front panel, unplug the washer, unplug the rightmost connector on the motor/inverter and plug washer back in. If it continues to do the same thing, the motor/inverter is faulty, if it stops, the control board in the user console is bad.

GE WH20X10076 Motor,inverter,electr - AppliancePartsPros.com

GE WH12X10439 Board Asm Mounted - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
bkbucs  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2013 11:33:54 AM(UTC)
bkbucs

Groups: Registered

Hi Eric,
Thanks for the help. So I did as you said, I unplugged the connector furthest to the right on the motor/inverter and plugged the A/C cord of the washer back in. I lowered the top lid, and then, I heard some noises, and the whole drum turned, very slowly. Not sure if the agitator turned, but it didn't do exactly like it did before all of this, where the agitator starts spinning as soon as the top lid is closed.

I went ahead and plugged the connector back in and put everything back together, and then re-plugged the A/C cord back in. Now the when I lower the lid, the agitator does not spin (nor does the drum). I did a laundry load, and all seems to be working now (i.e. agitator doesn't spin after the load is done).

I know I didn't fix it, and it will probably start doing it again soon. But from what you've heard, does it still seem like the motor/inverter is going bad and will need replacement?

Thanks for your help,
Brett
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2013 3:09:23 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Well, there is a reset procedure for the motor/inverter that I should have mentioned. If it happens again, unplug washer for 2 minutes, plug back in and immediately open/close lid several times. The motor/inverter is a common failure component in these washers. Hopefully, yours just had a glitch and will be ok. The inverter board is microprocessor controlled.

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply