Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mushroom  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 1:19:50 PM(UTC)
mushroom

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool top loader that stopped spinning (agitator still works fine). I replaced the motor coupler which was broken and everything worked again for a couple of weeks, then it stopped spinning again. Checked the new motor coupler and it is intact.

I removed the inner tub to check the drive block - looks OK but I have a replacement to put on anyway.

I have found that when I put the washer into the spin cycle with the inner drum removed, I see the drive shaft turning. However, I am able to grab it with my fingers and very easily stop it from spinning.

Does this suggest I need a new clutch? Looking for some guidance on the next step here.

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.