Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ripper770  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:54:26 PM(UTC)
Ripper770

Groups: Registered

Washer stops at Spin cycle. Will not finish cycle. Some times you can force it by manually setting the dial to Drain and Spin. Sometimes it takes several tries to get it to go. The lid lock light will come on solid and it will click to lock the lid. Then it starts flashing, unlocks and stops. After several tries it will lock and continue to finish the cycle.

Replaced the control module and same exact problem. Had difficulty following calibration procedure. Need some ideas. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 3:19:15 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

From your complaint i'd start out with the lid lock there infamous for going out on these units and since you already replaced the main control that would be the second best guess for your problem. I did one of your units in the past week it was just like this i ran it in diagnostic and no codes would come up at all indicating it ever had a problem at all. I ran it through short cycles and it worked just fine then i get a callback the next week to go back out and it started acting up during the rinse/spin cycle towards the end. Talked with sears and they said even no codes are coming up it's best advised to replace the lid lock from your exact same complaint. The unit wasn't even a year old yet. Call whirlpool and tell them about the wonderful experience your having with your unit.
http://www.whirlpool.com/contact-us/
http://www.appliancepartspros.c...hirlpool-wtw4950xw3.html
Ripper770  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 6:22:51 PM(UTC)
Ripper770

Originally Posted by: HumboldtRepairMan Go to Quoted Post
From your complaint i'd start out with the lid lock there infamous for going out on these units and since you already replaced the main control that would be the second best guess for your problem. I did one of your units in the past week it was just like this i ran it in diagnostic and no codes would come up at all indicating it ever had a problem at all. I ran it through short cycles and it worked just fine then i get a callback the next week to go back out and it started acting up during the rinse/spin cycle towards the end. Talked with sears and they said even no codes are coming up it's best advised to replace the lid lock from your exact same complaint. The unit wasn't even a year old yet. Call whirlpool and tell them about the wonderful experience your having with your unit.
http://www.whirlpool.com/contact-us/
01-Top and Cabinet Parts parts for Whirlpool WTW4950XW3 / - AppliancePartsPros.com

Thanks for your reply. I think you are onto something with this lid lock assembly. It has operated erratically since we bought it 13 months ago. I'm going to order one and try it. My wife hates this machine... :-). I will post the results after I replace it. Thanks again for your suggestion!
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 7:48:52 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
My money is on the shift actuator. Anyway, buy your parts from APP and you can return them if they don't fix your problem.

http://www.appliancepartspros.c...w10404050-ap5263307.html

http://www.appliancepartspros.c...w10006355-ap4514409.html

Eric
Ripper770  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 8:24:33 PM(UTC)
Ripper770

Okay Eric thanks. I'll try the actuator after replacing the lid lock asm. The strange thing is it always stops at the spin cycle. Then when I dial the Spin and Drain cycle and hit Start, it Spins and then drains perfect. Doesn't it seem logical the actuator must be working? The lid lock on the other hand goes on and off several times very erratically which doesn't seem right. All I know is that the Computer/Control module did NOT fix this problem which was a big surprise.
fairbank56  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2013 3:56:08 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Yes, it appears the actuator is working but they are known for erratic operation as well and are a very high failure item in these washers. Running diagnostics test on them has shown them to be ok yet replacing them has fixed the problem. Have you checked for any error codes?

Eric
Ripper770  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2013 7:56:25 PM(UTC)
Ripper770

Eric - I don't know how to check for error codes or how to decipher them?

Today I changed out the Lid Lock. Finally figured out how to calibrate the new control module and did it several times. NO CHANGE same problem! It still stops at the spin cycle and quits when doing a normal wash. The clothes are soaking wet. Hit the Drain and Spin cycle and it goes thru the spin cycle okay to the end.

Guess I will change out the actuator next. I wonder if the new control board maybe defective. This high tech low quality machine is a nightmare. It's one month out of warranty! Any other ideas appreciated.
fairbank56  
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2013 3:56:51 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Do you have the tech sheet from inside the washer cabinet? It tells you how to go into service mode and check for error codes. Your not alone, these machines are junk. There are similar complaints almost daily on various washer forums with most failures occurring after warranty period.

Eric
Ripper770  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 6:53:35 PM(UTC)
Ripper770

Okay Eric your bet has won the jackpot! I installed the new actuator. Then I ran a calibration. It fixed the problem dude! It went thru the Spin cycle perfect. I never saw it spin so fast. It also spins after the wash cycle which it never did before. Evidently this machine was screwed up from the day we took delivery and I didn't realize it until now. It's a whole different machine now. Thanks Eric!!
JulesLamers  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 8:40:25 PM(UTC)
JulesLamers

I think you should call the customer care for this thing.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply