Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
oldfartfartinabout  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 11:14:16 AM(UTC)
oldfartfartinabout

Groups: Registered

My front load washer fills then goes idle while counting down but does not count down all the way to zero. Then it stops and unlocks the door. That is true of all the wash cycles. The rinse and spin cycle works properly.

The model number is a Canadian model number, I have located an American model number through another web site. It is WCVH6260FWW.

Is this a main control panel issue and if so do I have to program the new panel when I install it. I have located a pdf that explains the process but would appreciate any further advice on this process.

peace
fart
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 3:34:40 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Ge's are infamous for this problem and also sometimes if you remove the back panel you'll look inside and find water leaks ruining your components on the bottom leaking from the dispensor drain spout to the bellows (plastic between door and body) Inspect your unit for this. Also Ge's will give you false codes and have you chasing stuff from a malfunctioning main board. Grab the tech sheet inside your unit usually under the bottom panel and look how to run it into diagnostics to get the codes stored in your machine to give you a better idea of what's going on. Your tech sheet will tell you what all the codes are related to also there's Code 46 which won't be in the manual half the time Ge is aware of it and not telling consumers basically that code is an overheating issue in the motor. Call Ge directly with what your results off and see if they have a recall or any bulletins on this unit with these problems i bet they do. Also when you call them make sure to give yourself plenty of time because it can take up to an hour for you to get someone on the phone. Good luck
http://www.geappliances.com/service_and_support/contact/
oldfartfartinabout  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 6:02:53 PM(UTC)
oldfartfartinabout

Thank you for your quick reply and advice. This is now my go to hero site.

peace
fart
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply