Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ldutton  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2009 7:04:15 PM(UTC)
ldutton

Groups: Registered

my washer quit filling but wouldn't spin or agitate. The water level switch made an odd "clicking "noise when I changed level settings.After pulling the vacum tube off the water level switch, it began filling with water, I replaced the vacum tube but does not stop and will overflow.
How can I check the switch to make sure this is the problem ?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Frank / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 6:40:11 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Originally Posted by: ldutton Go to Quoted Post
my washer quit filling but wouldn't spin or agitate. The water level switch made an odd "clicking "noise when I changed level settings.After pulling the vacum tube off the water level switch, it began filling with water, I replaced the vacum tube but does not stop and will overflow.
How can I check the switch to make sure this is the problem ?

If you have a short piece of hose that will fit over the nipple of the water level switch, you can gently blow into the switch until you hear a click. When it clicks it should start the wash cycle with or without water in the machine.

You may also want to blow back through the hose that's still connected to the tub and make sure it's clear. They will sometimes get blocked where they connect to the outer tub.
ldutton  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 7:52:36 AM(UTC)
ldutton

thank you for your response. I did the check, the water did stop running but would not start the cycle. I also checked the lid switch and it was good . I have ordered a new water level switch and will let you know if that fixes it
thank you
Frank / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 8:45:20 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Originally Posted by: ldutton Go to Quoted Post
thank you for your response. I did the check, the water did stop running but would not start the cycle. I also checked the lid switch and it was good . I have ordered a new water level switch and will let you know if that fixes it
thank you

I hope it does fix it, but it didn't completely pass. When the water stopped it should of kicked on the motor. When the water fill contacts opened it then needed to close the contacts for the run circuit. You could have a timer issue. Does it spin when it should?
ldutton  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2009 4:52:04 PM(UTC)
ldutton

well the level switch didn't fix it. When it fills it will shut off but will not agitate or spin. No matter where I set the dial I get the same result. How can I check the timer ??
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply