Discuss

Washing Machine won't spin out water

in

Washer Repair

. "

I have an Ultimate Care II Washing Machine. For a few weeks the tub would start to turn in the

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Washing Machine won't spin out water

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 07:45 PM

dlong55 is on a distinguished road
Default Washing Machine won't spin out water
Brand: Whirlpool   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have an Ultimate Care II Washing Machine. For a few weeks the tub would start to turn in the final spin but then stop. If I helped the tub spin (but putting hand inside and manually turning it), the tub would get started and start spinning. Sometimes I would have to go back to the beginning of the cycle with the button and once I heard the "click" noise, all would be good.

Now the machine is not turning at all during this final rinse/drain cycle. I try to turn the tub but nothing connects or starts it turning. The machine is draining the water out but I can't get it to start spinning.

The maching washes fine and goes thru all other cycles with ease.

Any ideas on what I can try. The tub seems very loose. What this means is that I can move the inside tub easily from side to not (not necessarily in circles).

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 09-29-2013, 08:15 PM

HumboldtRepairMan is on a distinguished road

If you mean from the metal drum between plastic tub within 1-2" of the outside of it you have a bad bearing possibly. As far as your not spinning problem you may have a weak or going out door lock switch which is a common problem with these washers.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:06 AM

dlong55 is on a distinguished road

Thanks. We have already bypassed the switch. Whether the lid is closed or not the machine constantly works. I used to hear a noise when the last cycle started. Once that click happened the tub started to spin. Now I don't hear that. I'm just wondering if I can purchase an inexpensive part or need a new used washer. When it did spin before, it was very slow to start. Once I helped it along it would spin. Also, sometimes to get it to spin I would have to restart this last cycle but first to use my hands and manually spin the tub inside just a few half turns until it was tight. Once I did that it worked too. Now nothing is making it spin. Thanks for anyone's help.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:09 AM
Expert
APP Volunteer

fairbank56 has a spectacular aura about

What is the model number of the washer? Washer should drain first without spinning, motor should then pause for a few seconds and start again. This releases the neutral drain mechanism in the gearcase so that it will spin. Do you hear this pause after drain? If not, after washer has drained, turn it off for a few seconds and then back on. Does it spin now?

Eric
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.