Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pony1023  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 6:00:21 PM(UTC)
Pony1023

Groups: Registered

I'm sure I'm about to irritate some people, but here we go! :)

In 1998, I bought what I believed was the only washing machine I would ever buy. It's a Maytag! Repair man is never called. Now we're quickly approaching the part that will make people laugh at me.

15 years later the door stops locking and the washing machine won't spin out the water from the clothes. (Sound familiar to anyone?) Some google searches inform me that I'm probably one of the luckiest cheap people, because I had no idea of the problems with my machine, nor the class action lawsuit. I knew about the water/mold problem, but just left the door open to dry out when not in use.

Anyway, moving on, I bought a wax motor, front panel clip, and soap bezel for appliancepartspros.com. I wanted to get a PHA kit as well, but was kindly told to call maytag. (Thanks for that, BTW, I've had nothing but good service from you). I called Maytag, and got my kit. Carefully took everything apart, and swapped out the parts, and reassembled, except the front panel, so I could check for leaks. Plugged it into the wall, for a empty dry test run....AND....

Now have a new problem, I can't seem to find anything about. Spin cycle works, lock light comes on, lock is engaged. One noticeable problem, when the drum is in the agitating cycle, it rotates one direction, and stops (when it should then rotate the other way) but does nothing. Until the time has past for that cycle, then rotates in the same direction (I'm assuming) that it was the first time.

So I'm only getting half the agitation that I should be, if that makes sense, but this is the only thing wrong. Any thoughts? I know I should be thinking about a new one after 15 years, but it still looks new, and acts new (until the wax motor fired the resistor). I've already looked over the motor controller board, and don't see anything obviously damaged.

Thanks in advance!
Steven McHugh
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.