Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dhamblet  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 9:44:26 AM(UTC)
dhamblet

Groups: Registered

Just picked up a used W/D set. Cleaned them all out. Removed cover from washer and cleaned off all crud and soap deposits on frame. After putting it back together it runs fine on all cycles except Heavy Duty. On heavy duty the motor runs higher RPMs and after 15-20 seconds it cuts out then after a few minutes it starts back up again etc. I suspect a thermal cutout somewhere on the motor but have no clue where to look.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:54:32 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Yes, there is a thermal overload on the motor. If the timer also stops advancing after motor cuts off, it could be the thermal overload. Does it do this in both high speed agitation and spin? Need to check motor current draw in high speed. Should be 10 amps or less. Check the connections on the thermal overload and the white wire on motor connector. These are common problem area's.

Eric

Motor thermal overload:

UserPostedImage
dhamblet  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 12:26:40 PM(UTC)
dhamblet

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the reply. I pulled the motor and ran it out of the machine. It runs great on "regular" but any other cycle and it makes a lot of noise. I suspect I need a replacement. Looking for a good used one now. Thanks again
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply