Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
donmuncy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:12:47 PM(UTC)
donmuncy

Groups: Registered

Started off with washer stopping near the start of the rinse spin cycle. It tries to start, buzzes a second or two stops and then tries to start again. The "time remaining" stops and doesn't move forward. Naturally, it had water in it and didn't drain.
I removed the pump, made sure it was clean and reassembled.
It worked for a few days and then went back to the same routine. I found we could wash one load and wait until tomorrow, and it worked OK. But multiple loads in succession and same old story. The wife doesn't want to do it one load a day.
The guy at the U-fix it store gave me 90% odds it was the lid switch. Since it was cheaper that an electronic board, I ordered one.
When it came, I finally figured out how to get the top off and checked the lid switch. The ohmmeter says it is good.
She ran a load while we went on errands. When we came back I found it had over-flowed. Seems I left the tube off the pressure switch.
In an abundance of caution, I jumpered across the lid switch and tried again.
After replacing that and emptying out most of the water, it acts like it did before.
My best guess is that the master board is bad, but glad to get other ideas before spending another $150 or so.
Thanks for the help.
Don
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.