Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wgallen1230  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 8:03:12 AM(UTC)
wgallen1230

Groups: Registered

Bummer of bummers, I thought this machine had a bad rear shock absorber. When I removed the rear panel, the right (looking in from back) rear shock absorber was in two pieces. The top plastic was separated from the steel shaft. However, I noticed the whole drum assembly was tilted backwards. first I thought well the machine is 12 years, the shocks are weak, the suspension springs look to be a little stretched out. Perhaps I can replace the shock and the springs. Then I did some more investigating, I started looking at the bellow and found little pieces of (what I throught) cement inside the bellow. So, I disassembled the front of the washer to remove the bellow. That is when I saw the real damage. There is a plastic edge around the front drum hole, it was separating from the drum. I then started to spin the inner drum and, although it felt tight with no wobble, no in and out motion, the inner drum was spinning in an "eliptical" motion. I am assuming the inner drum was making contact with the outer drum and busted up the plastic edging. Does this mean the inner drums shaft is either bent, or the rear outer drum has damage where the bearings are? If I have to replace the outer drums and the and possibly, inner drum the cost of buying the parts is about same cost of buying a new washer. Any opinions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.