Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jackangela  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2009 2:46:57 PM(UTC)
jackangela

Groups: Registered

I Have a whirpool clothes washer lsr8244eq0 and often found the three springs that held the basket steady had fallen off. I remedied this with new springs and the spin cycle has been smooth for years -- until the last 6 months.

Now it is banging around during spin cycle -- enough to hit the sides of the washer exterior. All three springs are fine (Yep!). Is there some part that stabilizes the bucket at the top area during spin cycle? Or what most commonly fails to cause the bucket to wobble horribly during spin cycle? Thanks for any answers.
-Jack
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2009 4:57:45 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I know you said all three springs are ok, but you cannot determine their status by looking at them. I would replace them again, as it is an inexpensive repair and they are likely to be the problem.

If new springs do not fix the problem, observe the machine with the cabinet off by by passing the lid switch and see if you can determine the problem when it is in spin mode.
jackangela  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 5:46:23 AM(UTC)
jackangela

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
I know you said all three springs are ok, but you cannot determine their status by looking at them. I would replace them again, as it is an inexpensive repair and they are likely to be the problem.

If new springs do not fix the problem, observe the machine with the cabinet off by by passing the lid switch and see if you can determine the problem when it is in spin mode.

Thanks. I did as you suggested - Three new springs. When putting the washer back upright, it's obvious something is wrong. The basket leans towards the front of the washer chassis. Grabbing the agitator makes it clear that there is very little resistance against the basket banging into the front of the washer. There is plenty of resistance when pushing the agitator towards the back of the washer.

All three springs are in proper placement. However....
There is a flat triangular plate, perhaps 14 inches, under the basket that does not seem to be attached. It has three holes that line up with another three holes when shifted about. One of these holes seems to have had a holding pin that hung down into a tiny plastic cup. I've made sure the holding pin is back in place, but wonder if this is improper or the cause of the problem.

Thanks again.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 6:41:43 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

You do want that holding pin in place, and it does not sound like that is your problem.

The part you are describing is the suspension plate, and it has pads on it. You may have damage to the suspension plate, a warping or something you cannot see.

Here is a service manual which will show you how things are supposed to go.

https://secured.whirlpoo...2007475cb/$FILE/L-55.pdf
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply