Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chadcf  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 9:16:19 PM(UTC)
chadcf

Groups: Registered

I have a 15 year old GE washer that's been in storage for a while, trying to either get it working to sell or just scrap it. When moving the cycle selector/timer knob broke off taking the D shaft with it. Looking at the parts diagram it looks like the shafts the knobs attach to are part of the control board, a $140 part. Can't really justify spending that much on an old dryer that's already pretty beat up so before I scrap it, two questions...

1) Am I right that I would need an entirely new control board assembly?

2) Assuming that's the case, any 'creative' solutions to attach a knob? The only thought I had was to find a scrap control board cheap and see if I can scavenge the knob post from it, but I have no clue where one would even find a broken part and even used working parts are probably going to cost more than it's worth.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.