Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wobbyy23  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 3:13:06 PM(UTC)
wobbyy23

Groups: Registered

now this machine turns on for seconds and the stops with a notice code saying a problem has been detected with your unit. when I do the service code it reads the motor is not rotating properly. check and replace if necessary....I have read that this may be a hall sensor??? any help? and if so do they sell it seperatley

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

IamTim  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 2:52:32 AM(UTC)
IamTim

Groups: Registered

I have a WPGT9360E0WW. By all accounts, this is one of the worst washing machines ever produced. I have the matching dryer which also burned clothes (bad thermistor).

After months of problems and that exact error, "Motor is not rotating properly", I fixed the unit.

Symptoms first presented with the load going out of balance during spin. It would drain, then refilll. Spin, go out of balance, drain, refill. I can't imagine the amount of energy wasted.

Next, the error "The motor is not rotating properly" appeared. We could clear it for a while, but then it was constant. No way to do laundry.

Reading other posts, I suspected it might be the Hall Monitor. I went through the troubleshooting shooting in the manual (checked voltages at the inverter and resistance at the hall monitor)-- everything was fine.

Upon close examination at the bottom of the unit, I noted the coupling was jammed up into the bottom of the basket. I pried on it a bit and it popped down (there is a spring between the coupling and basket).

The unit ran, but made a weird grinding noise. It errored at the end. But this time it was "Broken Clutch" (or something to that effect).

When I looked at the piece that was stuck (called a 'coupling') I noted that the cogs on the inside of the part, which engage with the spindle from the motor, were worn. Apparently when they get worn the part does not engage smoothly and gets jammed.

I replaced the coupler with "AP3671928 (WH01X10211) Coupling". About $25 shipped.

Everything works fine now. I guess the advise is don't give it a shotgun fix. Take the unit apart and check the hall sensor with a multimeter first. Also check out the coupling. The parts are easy to get to (one nut and three bolts to replace the coupling).
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply