Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brynn72  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 2:20:13 PM(UTC)
brynn72

Groups: Registered

Maytag Centennial commercial technology Washing Machine. Fills fine, but then won't agitate and the timer will not advance. If manually advance timer it will pump out water and spin dry and shut off, but won't advance to an extra rinse (that is, when the extra rinse is set 'on').

Note; The motor can not be heard running when it won't agitate so it is not a problem with the agitator. It seems to be a problem with whatever electronic module tells the motor to turn on. And it makes no difference which setting it is on it still won't agitate, but it does spin like it is supposed to, but only if I manually advance the timer.

This has happened in the past and we had a service rep from Sears come out. He fixed it in 5 minutes! He said its just a switch you flip inside the control panel. That was back when it was under the service plan. It's no longer covered. How do I do this?

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 4:08:31 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

brynn72  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2013 5:46:47 AM(UTC)
brynn72

I opened the top control panel last night to check all the wiring and now it won't even fill with water! Is there something I forgot to do when I closed it back up?
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2013 6:46:26 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
What is the model number of the washer?

Eric
brynn72  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2013 8:04:08 AM(UTC)
brynn72

mvwc6esww1
fairbank56  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2013 8:37:58 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Open the control panel and unplug the pressure hose and two wire harness connectors from the temp switch. Blow into the hose to make sure it's clear. Plug everything back in and see if it will work now. If not, with washer full, turn washer off, unplug 3-conductor plug from temp switch and jump together the violet wire and blue/orange wire. Use a suitable piece of wire and make sure connection is tight. If washer will now agitate when turned on, replace temp switch.

Whirlpool W10248240 Temperature Switch - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
brynn72  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2013 2:31:17 PM(UTC)
brynn72

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
Open the control panel and unplug the pressure hose and two wire harness connectors from the temp switch. Blow into the hose to make sure it's clear. Plug everything back in and see if it will work now. If not, with washer full, turn washer off, unplug 3-conductor plug from temp switch and jump together the violet wire and blue/orange wire. Use a suitable piece of wire and make sure connection is tight. If washer will now agitate when turned on, replace temp switch.

Whirlpool W10248240 Temperature Switch - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric

I tried your first step, but that didn't do anything. I didn't try jumping the wire. Could it really be the temp switch? The washer first filled with cold water (while on the cold setting), then with hot (while on hot setting) when I tested it. It sweems the temp switch is fine....
fairbank56  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2013 3:26:13 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Yes, it's more than just a temp switch. It's a load sense switch, it contains an electronic circuit board and a relay that turns agitation on and powers the timer motor when the water is at the proper level. It also receives input from a flow meter in the water inlet hose. It is a very high failure item in these washers. Jumping out the connector will rule out the switch. If it agitates with the jumper in place, the switch is the problem. If not, you may have a bad timer. I don't know what the other tech did but there is no "magic" switch behind the control panel.

Eric
Peachesmom75  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2014 6:52:25 AM(UTC)
Peachesmom75

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
What is the model number of the washer?

Eric

I have model #MAH5500AWW and it is not completing cycles without advancing the timer so basically the exact same thing as the issue above. We have replaced the wax motor & it did not resolve the issue. Any suggestions you have on this repair would be greatly appreciated :)

This is a front-loading Maytag, which I'm sure you would have known already but I thought I'd put it in here :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply