Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wschuurman  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 12:26:50 PM(UTC)
wschuurman

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I have a Whirlpool Top-Loading washer (WTW4950XW2) that's less than 2 years old. For the past couple of months the washer has not been progressing properly through the cycles. Sometimes it will stop before wash and it usually always stops before Spin. The lid lock light is off when this happens. If I simply press then pause button and then press it again the next step in the cycle will start and the lid light will turn back on.

So each step in the cycle works properly, I just have to manually kickstart it by pausing and then un-pausing it. Like I said, sometimes this happens before other cycles but it happens 100% of the time before the spin cycle.

Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 1:46:44 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Common problem with the new whirlpools contact them see if your on the main board recall..........also may have a faulty lid switch which is common also.
wschuurman  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 5:34:48 PM(UTC)
wschuurman

I tried replacing the lid switch but that didn't fix the problem. It gets stuck at the spin cycle and then I have to manually kick-start it. The spin cycle is also really really loud. Not sure if that means anything or if that's normal.

You think there might be a problem with the control board? Or the actuator?
HumboldtRepairMan  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 7:17:26 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Couldn't tell you without looking at it..........actuator is supposed to give you a code............it could be the gearcase if it's leaking that's a good sign that it's going out..........or actuator or splutch or many other things..............tilt the unit up and examine it for loose or broken parts. Also look at the pully and the nut holding it that's infamous for coming loose also. Here's some newer top loader video's on the problems they have, watch a couple video's before troubleshooting.
new topload whirlpool problems - YouTube
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply