Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Crabmaniac  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:47:49 AM(UTC)
Crabmaniac

Groups: Registered

Less then 3 year old Maytag Bravos is giving a Motor Control Fault. This model does not have a LED display, had to interpret blinking lights. F1 E2.
At first it stopped in wash and after pulling the plug would rinse and spin. Reseated all connectors, ran for couple days. Now faulting mostly continuosly. After all the resistance checks:
1. Pulled J16 from board, jumpered in 120v at the plug ran motor CW & CCW. Kinda rules out motor and cap.
2. Tried to run manual tests, ran lid lock test, got fault, why is motor trying to run in lid lock test(Maytag won't tell me, no tech support) I unplugged the motor, lid lock test runs OK.
3. Once during testing lid lock test with motor connected did not fault, was able to run slow spin. Tried again later fault came back.
4. With motor disconnected I can measure voltage from the triacs to the motor for a brief instant when starting spin and agitate manual tests.
Summary:If I am to believe the fault I can't see it being the shift actuator. Has anyone had a Motor Control Fault??Thanks LA
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.