Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tim2020  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 9:47:57 PM(UTC)
Tim2020

Groups: Registered

my washer fills, agitates, then when it's supposed to go into neutral drain nothing. the timer advances to the spin cycle then it starts to drain and spin. It does the same thing in the rinse cycle. The timer is advancing but could it still be bad? I don't see how it could be the motor since it agitates and spins. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 4:35:35 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
The washer should drain without spinning after agitation stops. If it goes directly into drain and spin, the neutral drain mechanism in the gearcase is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Whirlpool 388253 Neutral Drain Kit - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
Tim2020  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 5:37:00 AM(UTC)
Tim2020

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
The washer should drain without spinning after agitation stops. If it goes directly into drain and spin, the neutral drain mechanism in the gearcase is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Whirlpool 388253 Neutral Drain Kit - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric

It don't go directly into drain and spin, It just sits there quietly while the timer advances until it gets to the spin cycle (like it skips the drain part) then its starts spinning (with water in it because it didn't drain) stops, fills up to rinse, agitates and just sits there again until the timer reaches the spin cycle like it ships the drain part again. then it spins with the water in it and finishes the cycle.
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 7:38:40 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Then you have a bad timer but I also suspect you also have a bad neutral drain mechanism. Even though the timer is skipping the drain portion of the cycle, when it finally does get to spin, it should still drain first. I would replace the timer and see how it goes but if it then drains at the proper time but also begins spinning at the same time, the neutral drain is faulty. The only difference between drain and spin is that during drain, the gearcase is in neutral so the basket doesn't spin. Then the motor pauses which releases neutral drain, starts back up again and continues to drain but spins as well.

Whirlpool 661649 Timer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
Tim2020  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 7:44:42 AM(UTC)
Tim2020

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
Then you have a bad timer but I also suspect you also have a bad neutral drain mechanism. Even though the timer is skipping the drain portion of the cycle, when it finally does get to spin, it should still drain first. I would replace the timer and see how it goes but if it then drains at the proper time but also begins spinning at the same time, the neutral drain is faulty. The only difference between drain and spin is that during drain, the gearcase is in neutral so the basket doesn't spin. Then the motor pauses which releases neutral drain, starts back up again and continues to drain but spins as well.

Whirlpool 661649 Timer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric

ok thank you, I will try the timer and let you know.
Tim2020  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:23:10 PM(UTC)
Tim2020

It was just the timer. Thank you very much!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply