Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Robert Dinan  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2013 3:56:04 PM(UTC)
Robert Dinan

Groups: Registered

The machine is about 13 months old. When set to wash the water flows and then stop. it does not spin. Went in diagnostic mode and went through each cycle and they work individually. There are no obstructions with the hoses and there is sufficient power to the machine and the lid switch engages and the lid is locked. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,
Danila
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 5:01:09 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Did you physically remove the pump and check inside it for obstruction? If so, try doing the calibration function in service mode.

Eric
Robert Dinan  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 8:24:42 AM(UTC)
Robert Dinan

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
Did you physically remove the pump and check inside it for obstruction? If so, try doing the calibration function in service mode.

Eric

I did not remove the pump or check for obstructions. I was able to go into diag mode, fill it and then pump it out.

The odd thing is I also have the Kenmore version of this machine doing pretty much the same thing.

Do you have any info on doing the calibration function? Is it just for the pump or are there other calibrations?

Is there a way of disabling all the silly "sensing" that it does?
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 8:56:12 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

There have been issues with pump obstructions causing the machine to not function properly. It may still pump out fine in service mode but pump motor current is monitored by the control board and something in there can cause problems. Sorry to say, but these machines are junk. Many many problems with them. Calibration is required if certain parts are replaced but I would try it anyway. It's in your manual. There is only one calibration function which takes 2-4 minutes to complete. So, your machine locks the lid, fills and then just stops? No error codes? No flashing indicators? Check for error codes in service mode.

Eric
fairbank56  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 9:14:43 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

I would check the water level pressure switch behind the control panel. I see that your model uses one of these vs a control board pressure sensor as is used on most of these machines. I do not have the tech sheet for your model so you will need to check the diagram for testing it.

Forget that, if it stops filling, the pressure switch is working.

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply