Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
darekatra  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:32:05 AM(UTC)
darekatra

Groups: Registered

My GE Front Loading Washer WCVH6400JWW has failed.
Washing machine will tumble but not spin and any cycle gets interrupted early and machine pumps water out.
I went into test mode and got error E46.
The pressure switch and hose seem to be fine (no holes in pressure hose). Test T06 completes successfully (machine fills to Foam, Main, and Overflow Levels then pumps out to E). Checked pump and hoses for clogs - all clear pumps water out.
Test T10: tub tumbles but only in one direction (does not alternate directions as indicated in the service manual.
Test T11: pump starts but tub does not spin at all (shows 0 rpm). Will not start spinning just stays at zero.
I tried re-programming the control board in Test option T01 but there was no change.

Any ideas of what the reason is?
Darek

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...r-e46.html#ixzz2acr7kWcx
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

vishy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 11:03:57 AM(UTC)
vishy

Having similar issue. Having ge model starting ith GBVH....
In Tubmle test rotates 5 times in same dir.
No spin, hear sound like draining.. hen i run the test i don't see error codes though. The first time there were some error codes like e46 but i cleared them first before running these tests after which i dont see updated codes..just shows e00. But the issues are there. No wash, spin .. having hard time..

Pl post if you were were able to find a soln..
Thanks
Vishy
HumboldtRepairMan  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 12:56:26 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Here's a page on your problem............Good luck
General Electric Washer Fault Codes
vishy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 2:16:37 PM(UTC)
vishy

HI Thanks.. yes i went thru these codes already.. when i run the test ( after clearing the code ) as i mentioned there is no error codes after these tests ..

Here are some more details :

The GE front load washing machine. model :gbvh5200j0ww
It stopped washing , spinning ( may be i overloaded with cloths .. i dont know..) .i have already checked the foll:

1) Belt behind is ok. I can rotate the drum by hand in both dirs..
2) cleaned up washer pump filter
3) replaced control inverter ( based on some technicians advice) and still the issue is there (so it is not a problem of inv board)

I did see an error code e46 ( and this for before running the diagnostic tests) but was not sure if these are from old test or something .. so i cleared these up before conducting the tests and re tried :
a) the test t10 ( tumble test mode) , it rotates 5 times in one dir and stops. No tumbling in opposite direction. But i dont see updated error code .. it shows e00 ( meaning no error code stored)

b) test t11 ( spin test). It shows 0 on the panel and the drum does not spin ( the motor does not rotate .. i checked from behind the machine). There is some draining pump sound ..that is it ( and once again he error code does not get updated ..

Anyways there is definitely issues with rotation etc.. I have not checked the ohms etc of the motor yet to test further ( need to buy the multimeter etc)..

Also the tumble test moves the drum in one dir , so am not sure if the motor is the issue ( as it does notate in one dir 5 times..)

Thanks again
Vishy
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply