Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kce  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 9:25:16 AM(UTC)
kce

Groups: Registered

Hello, My wife told me the washer had stopped working. When I went to investigate I found the tub filled with water. I tried turning the timer and at one point it agitated for a short period then stopped. Now, all I hear is a humming noise which I believe is the motor trying to turn. I checked the motor coupling and it appeared to be in good condition. The basket will not spin by hand either. My guess is the last load was too heavy and damaged the transmission. I am about to order the transmission but am not 100% sure that's the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Kevin
p.s would it be a good idea to replace the clutch lining while the machine is apart or is this an unnecessary repair?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.