Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DANShandy  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 4:28:39 AM(UTC)
DANShandy

Groups: Registered

This washer is driving me crazy! I have fixed my own appliances for years and have never had a problem, so get ready. This washer acts normal until it's time to agitate, if you jocky the timer around and force it backwards it might start agitating and runs fine until it's time to agitate again. I have replaced timer, centrifugal switch, motor, capacitor and water level switch. (all used parts) I have checked wiring harness for shorts. Please help my wife is making me go to the laundry mat. Thanks in advance, Dan
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 7:04:54 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Check the wiring at the timer plug. Look for corroded/burnt pins, burnt/broken wire. If ok, replace the timer with a new one. Buying used appliance parts is never a good idea unless that's your only option. If you buy the timer from APP and it doesn't solve the problem, you can return it.

Whirlpool 3946455 Timer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
DANShandy  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 12:54:19 PM(UTC)
DANShandy

Groups: Registered

Thank you Eric for your reply. What are the chances of the original timer and the used replacement timer acting the same. Do you have any other suggestions. If I have to buy a new timer, I can replace the entire washer for less money. Thanks again, Dan
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 2:23:23 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
That's why I suggested checking the wiring. The fact that you can make it work by messing with the timer indicates a problem in that area. More likely a wiring issue. With wiring diagram and meter in hand, I could tell you the problem in short order but that doesn't do you any good over this forum.

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply