Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GregThomas  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 7:19:20 PM(UTC)
GregThomas

Groups: Registered

Washing machine stops during wash cycle. Simply pressing the start button will start it up again. It is inconsistent where it stops. Sometimes it will go through to last rinse cycle and not spin. Sometime it will go completely through. Put a piece of wood against the door to make sure it stays tight and that doesn't consistently help. Problem did not start until after I replace the door boot. Checked wax motor and it is working. Checked R11 and it is not burnt. Pump is running and discharging water and doesn't appears to be clogged.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 7:49:51 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Is the door strike and hinge aligned properly or are people hanging on it? Did you make sure the boot is completely on right and the spring is nice and tight and the door closes evenly with no leaks? With replacing the boot i'm thinking it's something possibly to do with the door lock switch malfunctioning perhaps?
GregThomas  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 10:06:04 PM(UTC)
GregThomas

Originally Posted by: HumboldtRepairMan Go to Quoted Post
Is the door strike and hinge aligned properly or are people hanging on it? Did you make sure the boot is completely on right and the spring is nice and tight and the door closes evenly with no leaks? With replacing the boot i'm thinking it's something possibly to do with the door lock switch malfunctioning perhaps?

Boot is installed with no leaks from boot or door. Is there a possibility of something wrong with the timer? Just now I had to turn it slightly to move to the next rinse cycle.
GregThomas  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 7:32:26 AM(UTC)
GregThomas

Originally Posted by: GregThomas Go to Quoted Post
Boot is installed with no leaks from boot or door. Is there a possibility of something wrong with the timer? Just now I had to turn it slightly to move to the next rinse cycle.

Checked to see if there was any pattern to times it is turning off. Found that it turns off every three minutes.
GregThomas  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 8:47:15 AM(UTC)
GregThomas

Checked to see if there was any pattern to times it is turning off. Found that it turns off every three minutes.

Discovered that I had cold water valve turned off. I had detached cold water to repair dry wall behind the washer and forgot to turn it back on. It is going through final spin cycle now. Will try another load, and let you know result.
GregThomas  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 11:16:39 AM(UTC)
GregThomas

Discovered that I had cold water valve turned off. I had detached cold water to repair dry wall behind the washer and forgot to turn it back on. It is going through final spin cycle now. Will try another load, and let you know result.

Tried two more normal wash cycles, one with clothes and one without. Both attempts resulted in the machine stopping when the timer indicator got to the quick position and 3 minutes after running water for the first, second and third rinses cycles. First after about a minute or two the DOOR LOCKED light goes off and then the ON light goes off after about a one to two minutes. Each time I simply pressed the START/STOP button and the machine resumed where it left off, except the last time I had to move the dial forward slightly to begin drain cycle and start the spin.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply