Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jiggersplat  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 5:18:42 PM(UTC)
jiggersplat

Groups: Registered

Hello All,

I have a washer and the drain pump won't stop. The wiring burned itself up. I replaced the timer and fixed the motor wiring. I tested the unit on the short cycle. It fills properly, does the wash, then moves to the rinse cycles. Once it starts draining the tub, the pump never shuts off even after all the water is emptied. What else can I check? I thought maybe a sticky relay but I don't see a separate relay anywhere for the pump in the wiring diagram, but maybe I just missed it?

Thanks,
Dan
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 7:18:55 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Look at the schematic.........Did you check the drain pump coin trap and clean it out? Take a voltage reading at the drain pump if you have 120v it should be good and sometimes these fridgedaires will run up to 8 minutes draining which is normal. If your burning wiring and other issues are popping up check the harness very good personally i've never seen wiring melt from drain pumps. Perhaps your pressure switch is having issues which may be hooked up in circuit with the main board telling it the tub is empty? Usually pressure switches being faulty will not add water to the tub or overflow the tub and you're not having that problem.......Follow the schematic in the unit and you'll find your answer.
tyndall00  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 7:53:49 PM(UTC)
tyndall00

Most notable a couple of tory burch flip flops shold end up being essential. It may in shape several attire of women, that may permit for women who live an elegant wonderful, and also have got excellent impression for you to other people. Since spending budget pertaining to tory burch shoes sale made on-line have become a growing number of in close proximity to people. A lot of people set out to buy it on the web. Exclusively use the personal computers, computer mouse button and your figures. Click any forms of tory burch shoes on the webpage. At times if it come to discounted periods, you should have ones at a ideal value.

Aside from, the net can help to save your cash which you have never knew it can save you, or the stores may normally give you a big surprise.
In purchase to obtain the fashion new sandals within the cheap tory burch new sandals sale made online retailers, you need to do a few particular research which entails under-going many sites that supply exceptional boots options in relation to lower price.The shops for tory burch sandals sale made on-line has all sorts of sandals.
jiggersplat  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 3:22:31 AM(UTC)
jiggersplat

Originally Posted by: HumboldtRepairMan Go to Quoted Post
Look at the schematic.........Did you check the drain pump coin trap and clean it out? Take a voltage reading at the drain pump if you have 120v it should be good and sometimes these fridgedaires will run up to 8 minutes draining which is normal. If your burning wiring and other issues are popping up check the harness very good personally i've never seen wiring melt from drain pumps. Perhaps your pressure switch is having issues which may be hooked up in circuit with the main board telling it the tub is empty? Usually pressure switches being faulty will not add water to the tub or overflow the tub and you're not having that problem.......Follow the schematic in the unit and you'll find your answer.

Looked at the schematic. I didn't see a seperate relay anywhere so I guess the pump is controlled directly from the main board? I did see the water level/pressure switch in the schematic. I guess I will have to check that out. Are they normally open or normally closed?

Trap is clear. Voltage is good.

The tub drains quickly. Far less than 8 minutes. The pump keeps running after it has drained. The pump motor clearly states it has a 20% duty cycle (2 minutes out of 10) so running for 8 minutes is probably what burned it out in the first place. I let it run for about 3 or 4 minutes before it started to get warm and I shut it off.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply