Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Wei Lin  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2013 10:32:56 AM(UTC)
Wei Lin

Groups: Registered

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]We have GE washer cycle-not-advance problem that had been posted here a few years back, but on different models. Our GE washer ([/FONT][FONT=Tahoma","sans-serif]model:WWA8648MALWH) won’t advance to next cycle, usually stuck at spin cycle doing the same thing over and over until we manually advance it [/FONT][FONT=Arial","sans-serif]to the next stage. But it will stay at that stage and not advance. Then you have to manually advance it again to get it finish. Is it the timer problem? If so, what is the part number for the timer, if it's still available, and where we can find it? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial","sans-serif]Thanks in advance.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial","sans-serif]Lin[/FONT]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2013 4:09:06 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I cannot get your model number to come up with a parts diagram, so check it and if it is correct call APP and price out a timer. It sounds like that is your problem.
Wei Lin  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2013 11:22:24 AM(UTC)
Wei Lin

thanks for the reply.

I found the original "Use and Care Guide" for the washing maching. It lists the model number as "WWA8648M". On the washing maching, it's "WWA8648MALWH". I assume the one on the manual should be the one to go by. the last four letters on the maching may not be important, and may simply mean: aluminum body, white color, I guess.

I still need to find the part number for the timer. the use guide does not have diagram showing me the part number, unfortunately.

thanks again,

Lin
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2013 11:28:45 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

You are correct, the last characters denote the specific color etc.

As I suggested, call APP on Monday and see if they can find the part for you. If it is not the timer and you order from APP you can return it.
scott5495  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2013 12:15:52 PM(UTC)
scott5495

the reason you cannot find a timer no. is that the timer is not sold as a complete unit. it must be rebuilt. go to **************.com. enter model and select backsplash, it will show you the breakdown. must be extremely careful when taking the timer apart. parts can fall out.
scott5495  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2013 12:18:00 PM(UTC)
scott5495

I see this site blocks out other parts companies, not my intent to take away from this parts site. just information.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply