Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Re Vera  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:34:34 PM(UTC)
Re Vera

Groups: Registered

I have an older non-HE, plain vanilla Kenmore (sorry for the mixup) top-loader that's not spinning up as quickly as it probably should. It fills, drains, etc. just fine, but every load is left somewhere between wet and dripping wet depending on the size of the load. Even small loads (a couple towels or a handful of shirts/underwear) will be wet enough I can wring water out. I've peeked in at the spin cycle, and it seems excessively slow. I don't hear any unusual sounds or feel any unusual vibrations, so my suspicion is that whatever drives the tub's worn out (belt or transmission, I don't know which). Ideally, I'd like to fix this as cheaply as humanly possible, so any diagnoses or additional symptoms I should look for that y'all can offer to help isolate and fix the problem would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 1:31:06 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Most likely needs a new clutch and I would replace the motor coupler while your at it as that is a common wear part as well. I strongly advise only buying genuine Whirlpool FSP replacement parts. You can buy these parts cheap but believe me, they are junk and will not last. People go buy the $8 clutch all the time and they only last a few loads.

Eric

There are how to videos on these parts pages.

Whirlpool 285785 Clutch Assembly - AppliancePartsPros.com

Whirlpool 285753A Whirlpool Direct Drive Washer Motor Coupling - AppliancePartsPros.com
SOPOVA  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2014 7:00:16 AM(UTC)
SOPOVA

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Model LXR6232EQ with the same problem. It drains okay after rinse cycle but the agitator spins slowly during spin. Will these solutions and parts work as well on this model? Thanks for helping a Newbie to the forum
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2014 7:25:43 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Yes, your washer uses the same parts. Slow spin can be caused by any number of things. Faulty clutch, motor coupler, sticking brakes, worn drive block, clothing between the tubs, faulty gearcase.

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply