Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aitsbevy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:43:50 PM(UTC)
aitsbevy

Groups: Registered

I preface this with, the washer machine has had a very neglected life. Over the last week we have made great stride in 'reviving' it with new drive block, new agitator kit, new thrust spacer, new clutch, new drive motor coupler.

One issue that still lingers is when entering the spin cycle from agitate cycle. The system fills, agitates, takes it momentary pause, and then tries to enter spin cycle; which at this point, the machine has a higher constant pitched hum. It does facilitate the draining of the spin cycle just no spin.

I go and lift the lid to the machine, I can hear a 'click' and the tub moves ever so slightly (like something was holding it against pressure). The movement is about 1/8-1/4 inch (counter-clockwise I believe).

Lower the lid back down, and the machine will start to spin and the noise of the machine is a lower (more normal sounding) hum of the drive train and basket getting up to speed and will spin fine.

The same thing happens when it goes to enter the rinse cycle spin; however, it goes into the high spin cycle with no issue and spins fine.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:54:04 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
You may have a faulty timer. The washer is supposed to drain without spinning. After it drains for a minute or two, the motor should pause for a few seconds, then start again at which point it should start to spin and continue to drain. If there is no pause of the motor, it won't go into spin. By opening/closing the lid, you are pausing the motor.

Eric
robconley  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 11:55:52 AM(UTC)
robconley

aitsbevy what was the solution to your problem? I have the same issue, but I can hear the motor running that's not really a higher pitched sound when it sits there not spinning. I could sometimes get it to spin when I opened and closed the lid, so I bypassed the lid switch to allow it to spin with the lid open. However, I still have the same problem. I can get the spin cycle to engage by moving the timer forward a few clicks or all the way around. I checked the motor coupler, its fine. I replaced the clutch inner ring assembly (I tried both spring sizes). Still the same problem. HELP!

The odd thing is there was a different answer at the bottom of the Timer parts page that says: ANSWER Scott, This is normal for the tub to not spin when it first goes to the drain spin cycle as this is a neutral drain. The high pitched noise may be coming from something that is clogged or jammed in the drain pump. You will want to check the drain pump.
robconley  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:14:51 AM(UTC)
robconley

As it turns out it was the timer. As stated by the tech the timer was not allowing the moter to pausing after the draining therefore the clutch would not engage the drive to spin. But get this, I didn't have to replace the timer because all I did was run it on Permanent Press cycle instead of Ultra Clean cycle and the timer works perfectly on that side of its wheel (or whatever).
fairbank56  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:39:41 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
The problem with that is, in permanent press cycle, spin is in low speed only.

Eric
aitsbevy  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:22:03 PM(UTC)
aitsbevy

Yes after working with the new stuff I had in, I could not purchase a timer. About 1.5 months ago went down stairs to find the machine just clicking sound form timer. Bit the bullet, bought the timer, and it runs correct now. There is no spin during the drain as the other tech mentioned, but now it does pick up the spin after the drain is complete. As well it is alot quieter all through the cycle (and my dial now matches correctly up to the panel, use to be one click off)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply