Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
That One Guy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 9:36:40 PM(UTC)
That One Guy

Groups: Registered

I bought a Maytag washer (LAT9406AAM) top load and dryer from some old friends a little over a year ago. The appliances worked fine (dryer still works good) but washer had a snafu last night. I was washing a small load and when I was helping a neighbor, the fiancee called me up saying the washer spilled water everywhere and would not spin and didn't seem to make the drain pump noises. She said the water kept draining out from the bottom of the washer for a good 5 minutes after the washer stopped.
I dive into the washer after work and I see this :
UserPostedImage

There were still pieces of the heavily rusted drain extension of the drum inside the hose where the hose clamp was. I did replace the hose clam and put it on close to the drum, but not too close.
I get everything ready to go on the washer. The drum fills up with water, but the agitator motor does not spin. I put the cycle dial to drain (before either spin) and nothing happens. Nothing for the cycle timer clicking. I have read elsewhere that the pressure switch or the pressure switch wire may have gotten burned up in this flooding. I want to check and make sure this is something that I might be able to take care of. I checked the wiring in/around the control panel and saw nothing out of the ordinary. The limit switch for the lid clicks as it should if I were to open or close the lid.

Am I wrong to believe the agitator and drain motors may have shorted out/burned up in this flooding?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.