Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stevieray2  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2013 5:44:04 PM(UTC)
stevieray2

Groups: Registered

my kenmore 300 series washing machine will only fill and thats it.it will not start cycle in any position.it will not drain,will not do anything but fill.i have to manually take water out of drum.washer was manufactured 10/16/2007.bought brand new.first problem ever.HELP
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 8, 2013 4:03:36 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Most likely it's a faulty lid switch. You can jump it out for testing purposes. See this video on how to do that.

Whirlpool 8318084 Lid Switch - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
stevieray2  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 8, 2013 10:41:31 AM(UTC)
stevieray2

I Have Already Jumped Out Lid Switch,and Also Checked It With A Volt Meter.switch Is Good.washer Still Only Fills,and That Is All It Will Do.
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 8, 2013 10:58:52 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Unplug washer, remove cabinet from machine, jump out lid switch. Place in spin mode with washer on (timer knob out) and check continuity between power plug hot (small blade) and the blue wire at motor connector. Also check between power plug neutral (wide blade) and the white/black wire of motor connector (connector plugged into motor). Report findings.

Eric
stevieray2  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 2:55:59 PM(UTC)
stevieray2

ok,i know it has been a while since i last posted my problem with the washer only would fill and thats all it would do.no wash,no rinse,no spin,no noise at all.i am working on it for a friend of mine,who is on disability.i could not do much because of space in his laundry room,and i have had tripple by-pass surgery.well today,his brother and i removed case.i was fixin to check some wires,like i was told to do by fairbank56.i got down to unplug motor harness and the white wire that was hooked in where the plug goes in to terminal block was hanging loose.spade was still in block but white wire burned off of spade,also the plug was black where it burned off.i was told at an appliance place that it could be that before i found it today.if i get a new spade,strip wire back,and crimp new spade on,does every one think that will fix it?thanks so much,fairbank56
fairbank56  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 3:39:16 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Yes, that should fix the problem. That's the neutral feed to the motor. Just be sure you have good clean wire strands when you strip the wire. If not, keep cutting the wire back until you do. If the wire is then too short, you will have to splice a new piece in. Also check the wire connections at the motor thermal overload switch.

Eric
stevieray2  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 6:19:03 PM(UTC)
stevieray2

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
Yes, that should fix the problem. That's the neutral feed to the motor. Just be sure you have good clean wire strands when you strip the wire. If not, keep cutting the wire back until you do. If the wire is then too short, you will have to splice a new piece in. Also check the wire connections at the motor thermal overload switch.

Eric
yes i have to find 90 degree spade,like the one that i took out of terminal block,because you cant use a regular spade where the wire crimps straigt in rear of spade,because thats where the motor harness plugs in,i will have to use one where the wire crimps in the top,if that makes since.thanks,steve
fairbank56  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 5:29:43 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Yes, I know what you mean. Those terminals are hard to find. They are 1/8" and even the straight terminals can be hard to find let alone a 90° one. Alternatively, you could just cut the white (or gray) wire from the harness plug and attach standard 1/4" quick disconnect connectors to the wires. Those disconnects are available at any hardware store.

Eric
stevieray2  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 7:26:37 PM(UTC)
stevieray2

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
Yes, I know what you mean. Those terminals are hard to find. They are 1/8" and even the straight terminals can be hard to find let alone a 90° one. Alternatively, you could just cut the white (or gray) wire from the harness plug and attach standard 1/4" quick disconnect connectors to the wires. Those disconnects are available at any hardware store.

Eric
hey fairbank56,GOT UR DONE.went to used appliance place today.the man that owns it grandson was helping me.i told him what i found,and showed him picture on my phone,that i had taken.he does not carry those 90 degree spades either.but said he had a motor that he was junking.he went out back and brought me a white wire with the spade on one end and a connecter on the other end.then he would not let me pay for it.i thanked him and went to my friends house.i looked at motor and it had the same ends on both ends.i unpluged from motor,pluged the other up,put spade in slot.then the trouble starts.can not get cabinet seated correctly on all 4 corners,limited space in laundry room.me and my friends brother had to take washer out of small laundry room.cleaned all very well,installed cabinet,put all back together,put washer back in place,very hard to do in small place.SHA-JAM.PUT IN LOW WATER LEVEL FILL,SHORT CYCLE,IT FILLED,WASHED,SPINNED,AND DRAINED.A LOT OF PEOPLE WOULD HAVE GOT RID OF WASHER,BUT ALL YOU REALLY HAVE TO DO IS GOOGLE YOUR PROBLEM.THANKS SO MUCH,fairbank56,you are the man.will post if anymore problems.90 percent of people do not know what neutral means,or will cause.again,thanks so much,steve
jacobwilson8  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2013 12:55:07 AM(UTC)
jacobwilson8

Mac-Gray has a parts store that you may find helpful. Check them out here: Mac-Gray Commercial Laundry Parts Store - 100% Genuine OEM Parts
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply