Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DahMurf  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 6, 2013 7:57:29 AM(UTC)
DahMurf

Groups: Registered

When the washer is 1/2 full or full of clothes & water (med or large setting) it won't start to spin. (There are 2 points in the cycle that it tries to do this. After the wash cycle and at the end for the final rinse) It sounds like it's trying to spin but doesn't. If I push the knob off and back on without changing anything it starts right up however it seems a bit slow and weak. It does seem that by the end of the spin it's up to full speed.

I've read this is likely an issue with the clutch but I'm hoping someone familiar with this washer & this issue can advise what would be the best place to start, item(s) to inspect/replace/repair. I'm hoping I don't have an issue with the control knob too!

The lid switch broke but we just bypassed it. (Don't worry we don't have any little kids in the house! :D )
We just replaced the direct drive washer pump as it was leaking.
Now that we've been under there we're hoping to do whatever final repair is needed at one time rather than having this thing apart for a week or two swapping parts!

I'm hoping to limp this washer through another 2 years before needing a completely new unit!

Thank you in advance for any assistance! :)
Debbie
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.